Apply for Research Import Certificate

The Applicant must be the holder of the Project Licence appropriate to the animals which are to be treated.  The Applicant must distinguish between:

a)  Treating an animal for research purposes associated with an experimental trial (acts covered by A(SP)A and therefore the RIC)

b)  Treating an animal with a disease/condition as an act of veterinary surgery (covered by the Veterinary Surgeons Act, where the cascade and SIC/STCs would apply).

A Research Import Certificate (RIC) relates only to one product / active substance / fixed combination of active substances. Only one Research Import Certificate may be applied for at any one time and applications for additional products / substances must be made individually.

To apply for a Research Import Certificate click on "Apply for Research Import Certificate" on the toolbar above.

You will require Adobe Reader to view and print your certificate. HyperLink


ISO 27001 Accredited logo Positive about disabled people logo iip logo

The VMD is an executive agency of defra defra logo